Michael C. LaFerney has research interests in the social psychology of nursing practice, applied social psychology, psycho- pharmacology, counseling, psychopathology, and gerontology. He is a member of the Society for Social and Personality Psychology and the New Zealand Association of Positive Psychology. He is an adjunct professor at Quincy College in Quincy, MA. In addition to his Psychology career he is a Psychiatric Clinical Nurse Specialist for Arbour SeniorCare, Haverhill, MA.
- Applied Social Psychology
- Causal Attribution
- Close Relationships
- Health Psychology
- Helping, Prosocial Behavior
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Life Satisfaction, Well-Being
- Person Perception
- Personality, Individual Differences
- Social Cognition
- LaFerney, M. (2011). Vitamin D deficiency in older adults. Current Psychiatry, 11(11).
- LaFerney, M. (2009). Social psychology in nursing. ADVANCE for LPNs.
- LaFerney, M. (2008). Depression or chronic fatigue syndrome? Current Psychiatry, 7(1).
- LaFerney, M. (2005). PRN medications: Are you using them safely? Current Psychiatry.
- LaFerney, M., & Pfeiffer, M. (1996). Minimizing attrition in a managed care partial hospital program. Continuum: Developments in Ambulatory Mental Health Care, 3(4), 241-245.
- LaFerney, M. (2009). Overcoming the bystander effect. Reflections on Nursing Leadership.
- LaFerney, M. (2008). Persuasion or manipulation? Can tools used in marketing and business fit the nursing model? ADVANCE for Nurses, 8(20), 14.
- LaFerney, M. (2007). The fundamental attribution error: Nurses need to consider the person and the situation when assessing patient behavior. ADVANCE for Nurses.
- LaFerney, M. (2006). In/voluntary admissions: Are involuntary psychiatric hospital admissions of nursing home patients overused? ADVANCE for Nurses, 6(8), 35.
- LaFerney, M. (2006). Using evidence to thwart burnout: Use evidence-based research to combat negative distortions in nursing practice. ADVANCE for Nurses, 8(2), 31.
- LaFerney, M. (2005). Suicidal threats in long-term care: While at risk, older adults are not likely to attempt suicide in a nursing home. ADVANCE for Nurses, 7(25), 25.
- LaFerney, M. (1991). Transitional residential housing on state hospital grounds. Nurse Recruiter Magazine, 4(3), 1-2.
- Osser, D., DaPonte, J., Diethelheim, K., & LaFerney, M. (1993). Psychopharmacology history of neuroleptic resistant psychotic patients. In S. Soreff & M. McDufee (Eds.), Documentation Survival Handbook (pp. 187-197). Seattle, WA: Hogrefe & Huber.
- LaFerney, M. (2011). A psychiatric approach to vasovagal syncope: Psychiatric evaluation, pharmacotherapy, CBT, and patient education may help patients with vasovagal syncope. Current Psychiatry 10.
- Abnormal Psychology
- Child Development
- Child Psychology
- General Psychology
- Growth and Development
- Medical Terminology
- Psychology of Change
- Psychology of Learning
- Social Psychology
- Sports Psychology
Michael C. LaFerney
88 Pickens Street
Lakeville, Massachusetts 02347
- Phone: (508) 946-1755